Save Money on Gas with These 5 Habits!
Save Money on Gas with these 5 Habits
Your driving habits and vehicle maintenance (or lack of maintenance) can impact your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Here are a few tips for saving fuel and funds:
- Air up! Check the air pressure in your tires weekly and top them off if they’re low. It takes just a few minutes and can save you about $75 each year in gas.
- Slow up! The best gas mileage is usually achieved at speeds below 60 miles per hour. Slowing down just a little from 65 mph to 60 mph can save around 20 cents per gallon!
- Show up! (Late or not at all.) Sitting in traffic wastes gasoline. If possible arrange your work schedule to avoid commuting during rush hour or telecommute a couple of days each week.
- Smarten up! Let gas mileage be the #1 priority on your new car shopping list. The U.S. Department of Energy’s website has good information on fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Give up! Driving that is…Car pool, try a motorcycle, walk, bike, or take the bus. You may also get a discount on car insurance in addition to saving a lot of money on gas
Gas prices continue to rise, taking a bigger and bigger chunk out of every family’s budget. The good news is that making a few simple changes result in significant savings.
More articles from European AutoBahn Inc.
Car Travel Fun for Families & Kids!
Car Travel Fun for Families & Kids! Remember family car trips when you were a kid, squished in the backseat of the car next to your brother and sister. There was no DVD player to entertain you, and your... More
Summer Car Care Tips!
Hit the Road Jack! But before you go..."summerize" your car for a smooth trip! The combination of summer heat, unexpected delays during road construction, towing a boat or camper, and long road trips can put a ... More
Finding the Right Mechanic or Repair Shop
Finding the Right Mechanic or Repair Shop When you consider how much you spend over your lifetime in the purchase, maintenance, repair and insuring of your vehicles, your automobile becomes a major p... More